Are You Looking For Best WordPress Security Plugins to Protect your WordPress Website?
As we all know that WordPress is the world’s most popular CMS and there are many popular WordPress users who are using it as a content publishing platform.
Most importantly, do you know that 32% of the sites have been built on WordPress? Because of its popularity, hackers are more attracted to it.
But thankfully many security plugins are available for WordPress, which helps protect your site from bad guys and hackers.
In this article, I’m going to share the 10+ best WordPress security plugins for the WordPress site.
So, let’s dive in it.
Why you need WordPress Security Plugins?
Security plugins are very important to avoid hackers attacks and security breaches.
Here are some points:
- By malware or malicious code on your site, hackers can spoil your site’s ranking and brand reputation. To avoid this, having a security plugin on your site is very important. These plugins notify you when your core file changes.
- Protects your site’s data from hackers.
- Secure your login page, When someone tries to reach your site through your login page, WordPress security plugins block them.
- Adds two-factor authentication to secure the login page of your WordPress site.
Keeping in mind the many benefits of the Security plugin, let’s see the list of Best Security Plugins for WordPress.
10+ Best WordPress Security Plugins
Here I have listed 10+ Best WordPress security plugins, of which you can use only one plugin on your site. Otherwise, they will start bringing bugs on your site.
Wordfence is one of the best security plugins for WordPress.
Its free version is very powerful and comes with firewalls, malware scanners, and many other features.
It runs an automatic scan to secure your WordPress site. The plugin recognizes malicious traffic and blocks them, prevents brute force attacks by setting the login attempts.
In addition, it checks for bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects, and code injections.
If you use its premium version, you can make your site more secure using more powerful features like Two-factor authentication, Real-time firewall rule, etc.
If you are looking for the Best WordPress security plugin, then Wordfence is the best security solution for the WordPress site.
Best Features of Wordfence
- Real-time protection
- Country blocking
- IP Blacklist
- Premium support
- Automatic scan to secure your WordPress
- Check SEO Spam
- Two-factor authentication
Sucuri is Best WordPress Security Plugins available in the market. It scans your site for malicious code, iframes, links, and suspicious activity.
You can download it from WordPress.org for free, but it comes with very limited features.
If you want to take advantage of its powerful features, then you have to spend money on the premium version.
You can easily Protect your WordPress Website without any technical knowledge.
Sucuri paid plan adds the best firewall protection to your WordPress site. Premium plans start at $ 199.99 / year.
Best Features of Securi
- Easy to enable and manage
- Direct access to our support team to get you on board and configured
- One-click 2FA, password protection and captcha on any of your pages
- Free SSL (HTTPS) certificate through LetsEncrypt or GoDaddy (No work on your end)
- Support for Custom SSL certificates
- Protection against SQL Injections, XSS, RCE, RFU, and all known-attacks
- Virtual patching and hardening to improve your security posture
- Full DDoS protection on all plans
- Brute force protection.
- HTTP/2 enabled by default
- One-click gzips/compressing static content
- Smart caching, allowing you to cache even dynamic pages
iThemes Security is another very popular and best WordPress security plugins for WordPress site.
The plugin scans malware on your site and adds more than 30+ security layers to secure your WordPress site.
It scans your web site and reports it instantly, where vulnerabilities exist, fixes them in seconds.
In addition, Disable the file editing feature from the WordPress dashboard.
This plugin is available in both free and premium versions. Pro version improves your site’s best security.
Best Features of iThemes Security
- Two-Factor Authentication – Use a mobile app such as Google Authenticator or Authy to generate a code or have a generated code emailed to you.
- WordPress Salts & Security Keys – The iThemes Security plugin makes updating your WordPress keys and salts easy.
- Malware Scan Scheduling – Have your site scanned for malware automatically each day. If an issue is found, an email is sent with the details.
- Password Security – Generate strong passwords right from your profile screen.
- Password Expiration – Set a maximum password age and force users to choose a new password. You can also force all users to choose a new password immediately (if needed).
- Google reCAPTCHA – Protect your site against spammers.
- User Action Logging – Track when users edit content, login or logout.
- Import/Export Settings – Saves time setting up multiple WordPress sites.
- Dashboard Widget – Manage important tasks such as user banning and system scans right from the WordPress dashboard.
- Online File Comparison – When a file change is detected it will scan the origin of the files to determine if the change was malicious or not. Currently works only in WordPress core but plugins and themes are coming.
- Temporary Privilege Escalation – give a contractor or someone else temporary admin or editor access to your site that will automatically reset itself.
- wp-CLI Integration – Manage your site’s security from the command line.
As the name suggests, what can this plugin do?
All In One WP Security & Firewall is completely free and adds Great Security and Firewall to your site.
The plugin comes with Tons of security features such as – Brute force login protection, password strength, built-in captcha, database prefix options, file permissions, .htaccess / wp-config backups, and firewall protection.
Apart from this, if a file is changed in your WordPress site, its scanner alerts you. Scans your WordPress database tables as well.
- Firewall protection
- Manage File Permissions
- Built-in Captcha
- Database Prefix options
- Forbid proxy comment posting
- Block access to the debug log file
- Disable trace and track. Firewall protection
- Manage File Permissions
- Built-in Captcha
- Database Prefix options
- Ban users by specifying IP addresses or use a wild card to specify IP ranges
- Ban users by specifying user agents
- Support all languages
Best Features of All In One WP Security & Firewall
BulletProof Security plugin is available in both free and premium versions. If you buy its premium version, then you can use it at the Unlimited site for a Lifetime by paying a Fee.
Its free version is enough for a small or average site.
The plugin includes malware scanner, firewall, login security, DB backup, anti-spam, and much more that Protect your WordPress Website from the security breach.
Best Features of BulletProof Security plugin
- One-Click Setup Wizard
- Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup)
- MScan Malware Scanner
- .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
- Hidden Plugin Folders|Files Cron (HPF)
- Login Security & Monitoring
- JTC-Lite (Limited version of BPS Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker)
- Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DB Backup: Full|Partial DB Backups | Manual|Scheduled DB Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
- DB Table Prefix Changer
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
- Extensive System Info
Anti-Malware Security is a free WordPress security plugin that scans your WordPress site for malware and malicious code. You can download it from WordPress.org for free.
The plugin runs a Complete scan and protects your site from known security threats and backdoor scripts. But when it scans your site, it takes some time and it depends how big your site is.
Best Features of Anti-Malware Security
- Run a Complete Scan to automatically remove known security threats, backdoor scripts, and database injections.
- Firewall block SoakSoak and other malware from exploiting Revolution Slider and other plugins with known vulnerabilities
- Upgrade vulnerable versions of timthumb scripts
- Download Definition Updates to protect against new threats
The Quttera Web Malware Scanner is a Best WordPress Security Plugins to scan malware, trojans, backdoors, worms, viruses, shells, spyware, malicious code injection and other threats on your website.
If your website is blacklisted by Google, the plugin checks.
Best Features of Quttera Web Malware Scanner
- One-Click Scan
- Unknown Malware Detection
- External Links Detection
- Blacklist Status
- No Signatures or Patterns Updates
- Artificial Intelligence Scan Engine
- Cloud Technology
- Detailed Investigation Report
- Investigation of WordPress files
- Detection of files infected by PHP malware
- Detection of injected PHP shells
VaultPress is a plugin developed by Automattic which provides real-time backup and security scanning.
This plugin takes backups on your site on your own server. And also protects against hackers, malware, accidental damage.
But you can not use it for free.
WPS Hide Login is a great plugin that lets you, change the WordPress login URL to Custom and prevents brute force attacks.
It is very easy to use. You can change your login URL to a custom login URL without touching the code snippet.
It will helps you to Protect your WordPress Website from Hackers & Brute force attacks.
WP Hide & Security Enhancer is a very good plugin to hide WordPress core files, login page, theme and plugins paths.
The plugin allows for cleaning HTML by removing all WordPress fingerprints.
Best Features of WP Hide & Security Enhancer
- Custom Admin Url
- Block default admin Url
- Block any direct folder access to completely hide the structure
- Custom wp-login.php filename
- Block default wp-login.php
- Block default wp-signup.php
- Block XML-RPC API
- New XML-RPC path
- Adjustable theme URL
- New child Theme url
- Change theme style filename
- Clean any headers for the theme style file
- Custom wp-include
- Block default wp-includes paths
- Block default wp-content
- Custom plugins urls
- The individual plugin URL change
- Block default plugins paths
- New upload URL
- Block default upload URLs
- Remove WordPress version
- Meta Generator block
- Remove pingback tag
- Remove we manifest Meta
- Remove rsd_link Meta
- Remove wpemoji
Security Ninja runs 50+ security tests on your site and searches for issues you did not even know.
The plugin is very easy to use.
Here are some other plugins that save 2-factor authentication on your WordPress login page from Brute Force attacks.
This is the most popular WordPress plugin for two-factor authentication and available for free.
It is very easy to use.
After installing the plugin on your site:
click Users >> Profile and then scroll to the Google Authenticator section. Once you’ve configured the settings, hit the update profile button.
This is awesome plugin Developed by miniOran, a WordPress plugin that adds two-step verification to your site.
The setup of the plugin is very simple and takes a few minutes.
Conclusion – 10+ Best WordPress Security Plugins to Protect your WordPress Website
These are some of the Best WordPress Security Plugins to Protect your WordPress Website – that takes your site security to a new level and protect your site from hackers or bad guys.
If this article has proved helpful to you, then do not forget to share it!
- Why Most Bloggers Fail and Quit Blogging – Read (17+) Reasons
- SEO Tips For Beginners – 22 Ways to Boost Your Website Traffic
- How to do Image Optimization for Website (Like a Boss) – Step by Step
- 17 Reasons Why Your Website Is Not Ranking In Google Search Results | Quick Ranking Guide
- 35+ Best SEO Tools that Recommended and Used by SEO Experts | (Most Are Free)